Classic Editor was updated to version 1.3, from version 0.5. Changelogs:
- Fixed removal of the “Try Gutenberg” dashboard widget.
- Fixed condition for displaying of the after upgrade notice on the “What’s New” screen. Shown when the Classic Editor is selected and users cannot switch editors.
- Fixed switching editors from the Add New (post) screen before a draft post is saved.
- Fixed typo that was appending the edit URL to the classic-editor query var.
- Changed detecting of WordPress 5.0 to not use version check. Fixes a bug when testing 5.1-alpha.
- Changed the default value of the option to allow users to switch editors to false.
- Added disabling of the Gutenberg plugin and lowered the required WordPress version to 4.9.
- Added classic_editor_network_default_settings filter.
- Fixed a bug where it may attempt to load the Block Editor for post types that do not support editor when users are allowed to switch editors.
- Updated for WordPress 5.0.
- Changed all “Gutenberg” names/references to “Block Editor”.
- Refreshed the settings UI.
- Removed disabling of the Gutenberg plugin. This was added for testing in WordPress 4.9. Users who want to continue following the development of Gutenberg in WordPress 5.0 and beyond will not need another plugin to disable it.
- Added support for per-user settings of default editor.
- Added support for admins to set the default editor for the site.
- Added support for admins to allow users to change their default editor.
- Added support for network admins to prevent site admins from changing the default settings.
- Added support to store the last editor used for each post and open it next time. Enabled when users can choose default editor.
- Added “post editor state” in the listing of posts on the Posts screen. Shows the editor that will be opened for the post. Enabled when users can choose default editor.
- Added classic_editor_enabled_editors_for_post and classic_editor_enabled_editors_for_post_type filters. Can be used by other plugins to control or override the editor used for a particular post of post type.
- Added classic_editor_plugin_settings filter. Can be used by other plugins to override the settings and disable the settings UI.