Yoast SEO was updated to version 7.8, from version 7.7.2. Changelog:
- Improves the way that the OpenGraph is determined for front pages, especially in the case of static front pages.
- Adds links to relevant articles to all SEO assessments.
- Adds Flesch Reading Ease assessment for French.
- Adds Flesch Reading Ease assessment for Spanish.
- Adds passive voice assessment for Italian.
- Fixes a bug where images from password protected posts could potentially end up in OpenGraph image tags.
- Fixes a bug where very old notifications could not be be dismissed or restored.
- Fixes a bug where the Insert snippet variable button alignment was incorrect.
- Fixes a bug where the snippet variables had a different label in the Search Appearance settings compared to the snippet variables when writing a post, pages and taxonomies.
- Fixes a bug where instances of the same keyword with different kinds of apostrophes (e.g., brain’s and brain’s) were not recognized as the same. This affects the following assessments: keyword in meta description, keyword in subheading, keyword in first paragraph, keyword in title and keyword in URL.
- Fixes a bug where the custom set breadcrumb title for the WooCommerce Shop page wasn’t used.
- Adds a reminder message to create a redirect if a user deletes a category or tag.
- Removes a banner spot in the admin.
- Disables WordPress’ automatic conversion of emoji to images on every page where the snippet editor is present. This conversion is not compatible with React or content editable fields and broke the snippet editor.
- Fixes text directionality for the title and description fields in the snippet editor for right-to-left languages.
- Fixes a bug where the snippet title and description values were saved to the database if they did match the post-type template.