BuddyPress was updated to version 2.9.0, from version 2.8.2. Changelog:
- Edit Group Slug – Allow administrators to change group names and permalinks. Navigate to the Groups screen in the wp-admin dashboard, click on the Edit link under the Group name, and adjust as needed.
- Improve accessibility of Extended Profile Fields – Related form fields are grouped together in fieldsets and all interactive form controls are associated with necessary ARIA states and properties.
- Send group invitation only once per user – Prevent duplicate group invitations from being sent to a user by double-checking if a group invitation has already been sent to that user.
- Tooltips Usable for All Devices – Replaced HTML title attributes with tooltips which provide additional information and visual cues where needed on mouse hover and keyboard focus events.
- Better support for private message thread links in emails – Redirect non-authenticated users to the login screen and authenticated users to the message linked.
- Compatibility with Bootstrap themes – Removed issues with BuddyPress-generated content being hidden in the Groups loop and Activity comments in Bootstrap themes.
- Improve profile image uploads – Fixed issues with uploading in iOS Safari and uploading files with non-ASCII filenames.
- URL compatibility for LightSpeed Servers – Audited and changed template link functions to use trailingslashit() where necessary.
- Template Packs UI in BuddyPress > Settings – Register your new BuddyPress theme package and allow the user to select which template pack to use.