Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights was updated to version 6.1.4, from version 6.0.16. Changelogs:
- Tweak: JS events tracking for click events.
- Bugfix: Edge case where JS events tracking won’t turn on if the main tracking setting was disabled (such as faulty import).
6.1.1 – 6.1.3
- Bugfix: (pro users) Issue with JS events throwing an error for array on non-set settings.
- New: Campaign URL building tool with shortlink capability.
- New: Settings import/export tool.
- New: Experimental (beta) hash tracking for single-page style themes. Note, as the description for the setting says, this feature is a beta feature, and can be tweaked or removed in upcoming versions.
- New: Manual default subsite UA’s can now be set from the network settings panel for MonsterInsights.
- New: Optout of GA tracking is now enabled per Google standard.
- Tweak: Notices about JS conflicts now include the JS error when possible.
- Tweak: Some tweaking to when the “Connection error with Google” error is displayed during oAuth.
- Tweak: Notice now shown when too early to display statistics from Google.
- Tweak: Inbound as outbound links may now have a period in them.
- Tweak: Removed duplicate option checking on frontend.
- Tweak: oAuth dialog now only programically closes when the select profile view is shown or when a new one is opened.
- Tweak: Mailto links are now handled as an externally opening link, allowing to bypass issues with the Safari browser not following standards.
- Tweak: WP-Admin Login page tracking has been removed.
- Tweak: More countries now shown in the country map in the overview report.
- Tweak: License key field is no longer shown on lite installs.
- Tweak: Frontend JS file has been refactored to make it more unit testable.
- Bugfix: Download events now correctly include data in all cases not just some.
- Bugfix: A syntax error involving the manual UA code input has been resolved that could have affected some users under a rare circumstance.