iThemes Security was updated to version 6.1.0, from version 6.0.0. Changelog:
- Enhancement: Added logging for failed two-factor, OAuth, and REST API authentications.
- Enhancement: Added logging details about the source of login failures and the type of authentication that failed.
- Enhancement: Due to improvements in tracking authentication failures, brute force attempts using alternate authentication methods are more reliably found and blocked.
- Enhancement: The server’s IP is treated as whitelisted and will not be considered for lockouts or bans.
- Enhancement: Reduced memory usage when creating a backup.
- Enhancement: Changed log entry description of “IP Flagged as bad by iThemes IPCheck” to “IP Flagged by Network Brute Force Protection”. This should help clarify the meaning of the log entry.
- Enhancement: Improved efficiency of the Network Brute Force Protection feature.
- Bug Fix: Fixed bug that prevented Network Brute Force Protection from working properly on some sites.