Google Analytics by MonsterInsights was updated to version 6.0.4, from version 5.5.4. Changelogs:
- Tweak: monsterinsights_delete_options now checks to ensure an array is passed in
- Tweak: The reporting class now has many more object property checks.
- Fixed: In install if WP version not supported or if MI Pro was active, the plugin attempted to call a property of the plugin object which didn’t exist.
- Fixed: In the deactivate/uninstall routines, MI attempted to use a method of a class object which might not exist, as it might not be the active instance. Better instance handling has been added as well as many more exists checks have been added througought the plugin.
- Fixed: Conflicting loads when both MI Pro and Lite are installed. Note, you should only have Pro installed if you want to use it. That being said, we’ve done extensive testing to ensure we’ve handled all of the edge cases surrounding this. This could also lead to issues where it would be impossible to remove Lite and/or Pro from a site if both were installed.
- Fixed: Conflicts with the Pinnacle theme, which loads it’s CSS file (with overrides to literally all select2 inputs not just the ones it adds) across the entire admin. This lead to an issue where in the Google Auth, a user might not have been able to see (or could appear with wacky styling) the dropdown of profiles to select. If you cannot see this dropdown after authenticating, let us know as its most likely a simple plugin or theme conflict on CSS styling.
- Fixed: The notices to deactivate/uninstall MI Lite/Pro when the other one were installed had an errant extra quotation mark, and they’re now more specific about the action to take.
- Fixed: For some users, the setting for user role exclusion was not working. This has been corrected.
- Fixed: A redirect issue that was looping for some users. The code that does this, while working for most, doesn’t for some. We’ve removed it until a full investigation can be completed.
- Fixed: Path for fontawesome font files was incorrect
- Fixed: Notice in the install routine for the $version variable not being set.
- Fixed: Upgrade routine could drop manual UA codes in certain cases. If you upgraded to 6.0.0 or 6.0.1 and it lost the manual UA code, installing this update will automatically restore the UA code entered as long as you haven’t used the oAuth or re-entered the manual UA code.
- Fixed: Typo that caused an issue with PHP 7 installs.
- New: Completely overhauled design, from top to bottom. The plugin has been completely rewritten.
- New: no more advertisements in the settings pages. We hated them too.
- New: ga.js is now officially deprecated. New users cannot use it anymore, and existing users can only switch to analytics.js (but not back). Please note, all new features will be developed exclusively for analytics.js. Google has deprecated it, and now we’re deprecating our support for it.
- New: License key system now uses the MonsterInsights License management system.
- New: Ability to pick which roles can access the dashboard/reports & settings/addons/tools page using our UI. There’s also a new custom capability for this (a meta capability).
- New: Support for Google Analytics Master accounts. When you oAuth into MonsterInsights now, the UA view is now locked to what you picked using the brand new oAuth procedure.
- New: Revamped dashboard.
- New: Completely new settings system, with a completely new settings page, and a completely new settings API. Also some new hooks and tabs in preparation for the many addons we’ll be releasing over the next few months.
- New: No more conflicts between the base plugins.
- New: Completely overhauled translation experience. The lite version translations are now fully managed through translations.wordpress.org.
- New: Opt-in to anonymous data so we can better improve MonsterInsights.
- New: Significantly better addons page.
- New: Single license key to manage all MonsterInsights extensions.
- New: Automatic detection of blocked asset files (from things like un-whitelisted uBlock Origin) with step by step directions on how to easily correct.
- Tweak: Completely overhauled the ga.js and analytics.js outputs to fix outstanding bugs.
- Tweak: Better debugging + disabled + preview tracking modes, that more clearly indicate what’s going on
- Tweak: Completely overhauled PHP regex tracking to solve nearly a dozen outstanding bugs including issues where non-link elements starting with the letter “a” such as tags would get parsed as links causing issues. Also solves issues related to single versus double quote usage for existing onclick handles, non-semicolon terminating onclick handles and various other parsing issues.
- Tweak: Many previously untranslatable strings are now translatable.
- Tweak: Minified in-plugin images.
- Tweak: Minified admin css and js.
- Tweak: Uses latest version of Google PHP API now.
- Tweak: The system for creating reports and getting Google Analytics reports have changed. If you’ve hardcoded into Yoast functions previously not designed for frontend output this could cause problems. We’ll introduce an API intended for this type of use after we update to use the v4 reporting API.
- Fix: Fixed an issue with HostEurope and other hosts modifying the default PHP arg seperator.
- Fix: Prevents an issue where users with a plugin like Airplane Mode active will get a better error message than “code invalid” on the GA token auth screen (and also fixes how that detection is done in other parts of the plugin).
- Removed: unused track_full_url setting