Yoast SEO 3.3.1

Yoast SEO was updated to version 3.3.1, from version 3.2.5. Changelog:

3.3.1

  • Adds help center to google search console page when not connected to google search console.
  • Adds video to the Yoast SEO dashboard to explain it.
  • Ships the production version of React instead of the development version.
  • Fixes a bug where the primary category wouldn’t be in the permalink if get_permalink was called outside the loop.
  • Fixes a compatibility issue where we set $ to jQuery.
  • Fixes a bug with redirects on a subsite in a multisite installation.
  • Fixes a bug where invalid HTML would throw a warning.
  • Fixes a bug where reading server variables using filter_input returns an empty result.
  • Fixes a bug where the passive voice and transition words would be shown on non-english language

3.3.0

  • Added a dashboard under the SEO menu item and moved all persistent notifications to this dashboard.
  • Added an indicator to the menu and admin bar about pending notifications and SEO problems.
  • Splits the analysis into content and keyword analysis.
  • Adds a ton of content feedback about the following properties:
    • The length of subheadings.
    • The length of text following a subheading.
    • The length of paragraphs.
    • The length of sentences.
    • The presence of transition words.
    • The presence of the passive voice.
  • Adds a marker button for specific properties to mark these in the editor:
    • The length of paragraphs.
    • The length of sentences.
    • The presence of passive voice.
    • The presence of transition words.
    • The presence of links with the focus keyword as link text.
  • Adds slug transliteration for the following languages, this means that we now match with both the non-transliterated keyword and the transliterated keyword: Spanish, Polish, German, Nynorsk, BokmÃ¥l, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Turkish, Latvian, Icelandic, Faroese, Czech, Russian, Esperanto, Afrikaans, Catalan, Asturian, Aragonese, Aymara,
    English, French, Italian, Dutch, Bambara.
  • Adds a search box in the help center to search in the Yoast knowledge base.
  • Adds missing alt tags to banners.
  • Adds a 50.000 URL hard limit to the sitemaps, this is what google recommends.
  • Moves social tab above settings tab in the metabox.
  • Adds live updating to the score indicator in the admin bar on the post edit page.
  • Optimize multiple sitemap cache clears by waiting until the end of the pageload to actual clear the cache.
  • Improved title separator radio buttons accessibility.
  • Removed Alexa verification from the plugin as it no longer works.
  • Fixes a bug where a quote inside an attribute in the XML sitemaps would cause to create invalid XML.
  • Fixes a bug where using a custom posts table would not result in correct output in the XML sitemaps.
  • Fixes an issue where canonical URLs didn’t always correctly have a trailing slash.
  • Fixes a bug where we didn’t match a focus keyword correctly if it contained a slash.
  • Fixes a bug where the content analysis would be executed too many times when typing in the snippet preview.
  • Fixes a bug where the wpseo_title filter couldn’t change the opengraph and twitter titles.
  • Fixes a bug where the focus keyword wouldn’t be saved when saving the post instantly after changing the focus keyword.
  • Fixes a bug where retrieving terms in the breadcrumbs wouldn’t be cached.
  • Fixes a bug where the help center wasn’t properly styled in Safari.
  • Fixes an XSS issue.
  • Removes the ability to sort on the post score column, because the scores aren’t meant to be sorted.
  • Removes recalculation because there were too many issues with integration missing that can only be added on the actual post edit admin page.
  • Removes json_encode wrapper, it was only necessary for older WordPress versions.