iThemes Security was updated to version 5.5.0, from version 5.4.5. Changelog:
- New Feature: Added a new File Permissions section on the settings page to bring back the directory and file permissions listing feature found on the Security > Dashboard page of older plugin versions.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a situation where adding a very large list of IP’s in the Ban Hosts list would generate an invalid .htaccess file on some servers.
- Enhancement: The Database Backups, Local Brute Force Protection, Network Brute Force Protection, Strong Password Enforcement, and WordPress Tweaks features are now active by default on new installations.
- Enhancement: The WordPress Tweaks feature now uses the “Disable File Editor” setting by default on new installations.
- Enhancement: The WordPress Tweaks feature now sets the “Multiple Authentication Attempts per XML-RPC Request” setting to “Block” by default on new installations.
- Enhancement: Improved the styling of notices.