Yoast SEO 3.0.1

Yoast SEO was updated to version 3.0.1, from version 2.3.5. Changelogs:


  • Bugfixes:Fixes a bug where users where getting error notifications about how their site was not indexable when in fact no check had been performed yet.
  • Fixes a few broken links to help docs about the OnPage.org integration.
  • Fixes an edgecase where the indexability check would go wrong for sites that filter the home url.
  • Fixes a bug where the admin email that was sent to report the current indexability status was not rendered as HTML.


  • Adds realtime content analysis to the Yoast SEO metabox for all post types and taxonomies.
  • Adds a tool to recalculate all SEO scores using the new client side analysis.
  • Adds a content analysis plugin for parsing shortcodes before the content is analyzed. This means the snippet preview will now take the rendered content of shortcodes into account.
  • Adds a content analysis plugin for parsing replace vars before the content is analyzed, allowing templates set in the Yoast SEO admin to work everywhere.
  • Adds a weekly check if the homepage is indexable (in collaboration with OnPage.org).
  • Adds possibility to import titles, metas and settings from the WPSEO.de plugin.
  • Adds possibility to set Facebook (Opengraph), Twitter and Google+ metadata for taxonomies.
  • We’ve completely revised the UX of the Yoast SEO metabox. We’ve introduced multiple sections which in turn can contain one or more tabs.
  • Makes the Yoast SEO metabox on the taxonomy edit page the same as on the post edit page.
  • Makes sure the capability for the General Settings menu is also wpseo_manage_options_capability.
  • Adds a fix to the tour allowing for multiple plugins to use WP pointers at the same time.
  • Makes sure all Yoast SEO settings pages are also accessible through the WP admin bar.
  • Fixes a bug where the og:image would not be set, even when a default image was available.
  • Fixes a bug where the links in the sitemap would ‘randomly’ change from https to http or the other way around (in very rare circumstances).
  • Fixes a bug where it was not possible to upload different images for different social media in the post metabox.
  • Fixes a bug where users would see the after-update notice, but were not allowed to visit the about page.
  • Fixes a bug where we were not properly splitting taxonomy metadata when a shared taxonomy term got split through a Cron job.
  • Adds a JavaScript API for registering data modifications that is quite similar to add_filter/apply_filters in WordPress. Allows for filtering data before it is analyzed. See YoastSEO.js.
  • Adds a JavaScript API for adding content analysis tests, see YoastSEO.js.
  • Because we moved the entire content analysis to JavaScript, we had to remove the following PHP filters:
    • wpseo_pre_analysis_post_content. Alternative: Modifications API.
    • wpseo_metadesc_length. Functionality removed.
    • wpseo_metadesc_length_reason. Functionality removed.
    • wpseo_body_length_score. Alternative: Content Checks API.
    • wpseo_linkdex_results. Alternative: Content Checks API.
    • wpseo_snippet. Functionality removed.