iThemes Security was updated to version 5.1.0, from version 5.0.1. Changelog:
- New Feature: Added “Multiple Authentication Attempts per XML-RPC Request” setting to the WordPress Tweaks section.
- Enhancement: Updated text describing the XML-RPC setting in the WordPress Tweaks section to better explain what the setting is for and which setting is recommended.
- Enhancement: Improved IP detection when proxy detection is active by processing the header set by CloudFlare.
- Enhancement: Added a filter named itsec_filter_remote_addr_headers which can be used to change which headers are searched for the client IP. This allows for tailoring the IP detection for specific reverse proxies and load balancers.
- Bug Fix: Updated the Banned Users settings to no longer add a newline to the Ban Hosts input each time the settings page is saved.
- Compatibility Fix: Updated code triggered by the ITSEC_TEST_MALWARE_SCAN_DISABLE_SSLVERIFY define. This avoids plugin compatibility issues that prevent disabling the SSL peer verification.