Akismet was updated to version 3.1.2, from version 3.1.1. Changelog:
- Reduced the amount of space Akismet uses in the commentmeta table.
- Fixed a bug where some comments with quotes in the author name weren’t getting history entries.
- Pre-emptive security improvements to ensure that the Akismet plugin can’t be used by attackers to compromise a WordPress installation.
- Better UI for the key entry field: allow whitespace to be included at the beginning or end of the key and strip it out automatically when the form is submitted.
- When deactivating the plugin, notify the Akismet API so the site can be marked as inactive.
- Clearer error messages.