Google Analytics by Yoast was updated to version 5.4, from version 5.3.3. Changelog:
- Complete technical overhaul of the way settings are being stored.
- Switched to WP Settings API and added input validation and sanitation for several settings.
- Made the settings more accessible by adding for attributes to the labels, connecting them with the corresponding form fields.
- Made Universal tracking the default for new installs.
- Adds administrators to the default user roles to ignore for tracking.
- Fixes several security issues that were discovered during an elaborate security review performed by our friends from Sucuri.
- Fixes two other XSS issues.
- Fixes an issue where some GA dashboard style sheets and scripts were also loaded outside of the Google Analytics by Yoast dashboard, thereby unnecessarily slowing down the WP admin.
- Fixes a bug where a PHP warning could be raised on the dashboard when no data is available.