Google Analytics for WordPress was updated to version 5.0.5, from version 4.3.5. Changelogs:
- Bugfixes:Fixes error in link parsing that would cause all sorts of display errors.
- Bugfixes:Fix small error in GA setup error link.
- Fix bug that would remove attributes from links.
- Added Try/Catch around connect to Google Analytics to prevent uncaught exceptions.
- Move require of function file to prevent error with already defined functions.
- Fix bug that sometimes prevented saving user roles to be ignored.
- Fix several notices.
- Enhancements:Add links to Settings page and Knowledge Base on plugins page.
- No longer store result from Google API in the main option, saves memory on frontend.
- Skipped due to error during release.
- Bugfixes:Fixed bug with outbound link tracking not properly escaping attributes.
- Fixed bug that broke tracking with ga.js.
- Bugfixes:Fixed string where array expected warning.
- Complete rewrite of the Google Analytics plugin.
- Enhancements:Universal tracking added
- Better link tracking
- New Universal demographics feature
- New menu items in the WordPress admin menu