Better WP Security was updated to version 4.0.1, from version 3.6.6. Changelog:
- Fix for issue whereas a blank deny ip line could be entered into wp-config.php during update if banned users was used.
- Better WP Security is now iThemes Security.
- jQuery Scanner looks for vulnerable versions of jQuery in your theme and gives you the option to replace it with the current version of jQuery from WordPress core.
- Remove author archives for users without any posts. This helps prevent bots from finding users on your site.
- Force a unique nicename. This forces the user to choose a Nickname that is different from the login name which will be used for the author slug and other appropriate areas.
- Disable PHP execution in uploads.
- New UI with streamlined options and other settings
- Hide features not in use
- Smart feature selection for easier use
- Central logs location
- Ability to better customize notification and backup emails by sending to one or more addresses
- Ability to save files anywhere on the host
- Uses file-system locking for all critical operations
- Global settings require setting options only once
- Full BackupBuddy integration
- Voluntary tracking of when options are turned on or off via Google Analytics
- Hide backend no longer uses keys
- Whitelist IPs for all lockouts
- File change detection can run in batches for better resource usage
- Backups can ignore unneeded table data such as logs
- File change detection can ignore specified file types completely
- All saved files now go to uploads
- Ban users now has its own whitelist
- Away mode and nearly all other features tweaked for speed and reliability
- Module feature includes to accommodate future features as well as possibility of 3rd party features
- No more insufficient permissions errors on settings tabs