BackupBuddy was updated to version 18.104.22.168, from version 22.214.171.124. Changelog:
- Fixed exclusions not working on some Windows systems where WordPress upload path is in slightly different slash format. Symptoms includ zipbuddy exclude beginning in double forward slash.
- Database Rollback beta now checks for prior temporary database files from a previous failed rollback attempt before proceeding to prevent error reporting existing tables.
- Full release of quick release versions 126.96.36.199-188.8.131.52 and all their features.
- Added additional exception handling for Dropbox2 destination on configure page.
- Added chunk size setting bytes to Dropbox2 log for each chunk send portion.
- ImportBuddy Sync verb now base64 encoded to maintain integrity during transit.
- Added additional logging to writing SQL file in compatibility mode.
- Sync verb backupbuddy-get-importbuddy: Fixed return data echo’ing instead of returning. Verb v3.
- Sync verb backupbuddy-get-importbuddy: Fixed password not being passed. Verb v2.
- Database Rollback feature public beta.
- Moved querying the database after zip creation to prior to help avoid dealing with database going away. WordPress 3.9 makes DB kicker less useful of a query happens prior to kicking.
- Fixed integrity scan missing logging information.
- Added preliminary code for Sync verb: backupbuddy-get-importbuddy.
- Changed all codex links containing error codes which point to incorrect ImportBuddy pages to point to BackupBuddy error code page.
- Removed init_public.php as it is not used nor expected to be.
- If manual backups hang waiting for the next cron step for 15+ seconds then the cron schedule will be checked via AJAX and the next scheduled step run timestamp and time difference will be logged for troubleshooting.
- Fixed warnings not displaying in status log.
- Fixed Send to Destination button not working just after completing a backup since 184.108.40.206.
- Updated saving of edits since last backup statistics to post_backup instead of pre_backup.
- Fixed undefined cronPass index warning.
- Fixed warning when running in classic mode related to cronPass as of 220.127.116.11.
- wpdbutils updated adding _mysql_ping() function for handling appropriate pinging of server based on type throughout wpdbutils lib.
- Updated wpdbutils lib with preliminary mysqli support.
- Now using wpdbutils in mysqlbuddy for pinging instead of doing so directly.
- Removed redundant final database kicking after DB dump as this is only relevant for PHP-based dumping which already checks the connection status after each table dump.
- Various updates to prepare for mysqli support.
- Prior to saving the increment of backup steps attempts (when running out of order) fileoptions is now re-loaded immediately prior to save, respecting fileoptions lock, to help reduce chance of race conditions updating fileoptions while the prior step is saving.
- Pong! replies now show at the beginning of server responses for clarity.
- Significantly increased maximum input sizes for server addresses, paths, usernames, and passwords for all destinations.
- Replaced backup perform page jQuery .on() calls with .bind() for backward compatibility.
- New backupbuddy_core::backupbuddy_core::dbEscape() function for escaping with correct mysql/mysqli method.
- Fixed ‘Compatibility mode max rows per select’ advanced setting from being required.
- Improved input validation for numeric fields.
- Improved input validation for email fields.
- Fixed mail error warning when backup failed.
- Settings page no longer loads log file contents by default. Displays log via AJAX on-demand when visiting the Log tab.
- Backup perform page: Now passes data to and from server via JSON for improved codability.
- Improved timing of AJAX calls during backup to help reduce race conditions.
- File trees now display horizontal lines between items for better readability.
- Fileoptions now logs how many bytes are written to aid troubleshooting.
- Fileoptions ERROR_EMPTY_FILE_NON_CREATE_MODE errors now re-attempt loading after a 3 second sleep to help reduce the chances of race condition induced problems where a load was happening simultaneously as a write in another process.
- AJAX for getting backup status now forces log serial to that of the current backup to better record ALL activty happening during that load.
- Settings page now flushing before log load to increase page load responsiveness.
- Maximum log size limit default reduced to 5 MB.
- Increased start polling time to help reduce race conditions.
- Backup status now logs functions running out of order as warnings.
- Backup status displays any incomplete functions or actions it detected upon halting due to fatal error. Displayed at the very end of log.
- Extended fileoptions initialization to be considered under init waiting when polling AJAX at beginning of backup to even further help prevent race condition issues. Increased wait count from 5 to 8.
- Added enhanced detections for specific action failures during backup with automated suggestions in status log for failure of actions: cronPass (starts once cron is scheduled and finishes once said cron runs), importbuddyCreation (starts when importbuddy generation begins, finishes at completion), zipCommentMeta (starts prior to setting zip meta comment, finishes at completion).
- Misc minor fixes.
- Rollback beta: Not catching PHP errors in advanced log.
- Rollback beta: Fixed problems finding SQL file when using full database types. SQL location detection much more robust now.
- Fixed migration destination popup from mentioning non-migration destinations such as Stash, email, etc.
- Added additional clarification working to denote that addable types in this popup are migration-related.
- Added additional logging for Multisite export steps.
- Quick Setup is now displayed in-page when visiting the Backups page for the first time for usability.
- Stash destination configuration cleanup.
- Rollback beta: Now fully imports tables with a temporary prefix prior to renaming to further minimize downtime.
- Rollback beta: Many misc changes.
- Rollback beta: Added advanced options.
- Added additional logging for troubleshooting SQL issues trying to get table listings.
- Fixed undefined indexes on Dashboard if no backups have been made yet. Notices introduced in 18.104.22.168.